NOffLA was established in 1991 and represents independent specialist off-licences across Ireland. The Association has 315 members and the off-licence sector represents 5,900 jobs in 26 counties.
NOffLA’s most important role is in lobbying Government and other industry stakeholders on behalf of their members on issues that affect them.
Over the years NOffLA have had a pivotal role in influencing and shaping alcohol legislation to ensure that the voices of independent alcohol retailers are heard strongly. NOffLA also works to promote the responsible sale, marketing and consumption of alcohol and to share best practices with the entire trade. Its Responsible Trading Certificate (RTC) training programme ensures that all its members are trained and
examined in retailing alcohol in the most safe and responsible manner.
NOffLA’s members' outlets tend to be owner-operated, located in the heart of their communities and employ expertise in responsibly retailing many unique products. Alcohol is the primary product.
What we do
The National Off Licence Association (NOffLA) is the only trade and marketing organisation of the off-licence trade in Ireland:
- we protect and enhance the interest of member off-licences.
- we represent members' interests and views with Government departments and agencies, decision makers and other relevant bodies.
- we present a positive image of the trade in the media, with consumers and opinion formers.
- we undertakes strategic activities to benefit the off-licence industry.
- we provide a range of services, benefits and cost savings for our members.
- we provide a range of valuable business services to our members.